Saturday 5 April 2014

Black Male Hairstyle - why MEN prefer it! - Black Women's Natural Hair Styles

Black Male Hairstyle - why <b>MEN</b> prefer it! - <b>Black</b> Women&#39;s Natural <b>Hair Styles</b>


why <b>MEN</b> prefer it! - <b>Black</b> Women&#39;s Natural <b>Hair Styles</b>

Posted: 01 Apr 2014 08:07 AM PDT

https://www.twitter.com/wilkinebrutus https://www.vanguardelement.com Black Hair Politics: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/27/fashion/27SKIN.html?pagewanted=a…

Reblogged 4 days ago from www.youtube.com

Wolfgang // <b>Male</b> Natural <b>Hair Style</b> Icon | <b>Black</b> Girl with Long Hair

Posted: 28 Nov 2013 12:15 PM PST

Share Button

IMG_9300

Happy Holidays Ladies and Gents! It's been while since we've found a male with a mane worthy of Style Icon status since we featured Larry back in December 2011, so we're really excited to feature Wolfgang today! Get into his haircare regimen below.

Introduce yourself!
W:
Hello folks my name is Wolfgang Lisborg and I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark residing in Greensboro, North Carolina at the moment. I'm a freelance fashion/portrait photographer, a natural hair enthusiast trying to become a voice for natural males, and I'm a freestyle dancer. I'm currently a part of the African Student Union at the University of North Carolina Greensboro, while doing a tribal short film project for the "Art Of War Exhibit" which premiered on the 23rd of November.

How long have you been growing out your hair and wearing it in its natural state?
W:
Lol, to be honest I've been through 3 big chops and this is the best growth I've had. This mane is 2 years and 8 months old and I've always worn my hair in its natural state. The major reason why I love being natural is because your natural hair is an extension of your character and who you are. On top of that it's not a trend, it's a culture that expresses the uniqueness we each hold. Instead of allowing society to lower your self-esteem to look how they want you to, wear your natural hair out joyously to let people know the black culture of hair exists, or whichever race you are.

How do people typically respond to your hairstyle of choice?
W:
People are in some form of shock usually due to the fact that I'm a guy and I have long, curly hair. Due to where I'm located in the south, it's unusual for a dark male to have a lot of hair. But, they react even more surprised when they hear I'm from Europe. They say "It's the European side that you got that good hair from". When it's really not! Both of my parents are Liberian (West African) and they happen to have great hair.

DSC_0903

How would you describe your texture?
W:
The texture of my hair is predominantly 4a. My hair acts very foolish at times when it's puffy, but I believe it's for its own protective reasons. I have the most serious case of shrinkage, it's crazy. Unless I do a banding hair method or bun it, it won't look like I have a lot of volume at all. And, since I didn't know what products to use in the past to moisturize my hair, it was most definitely dry/coarse.

Do you maintain your hair or do you go to a salon or barber for maintenance?
W:
Indeed I do maintain my own hair, and I don't mind the work it puts me through. Until it gets really long, then I'll probably take some trips to the salon. Barbershops I'll go to if I want to edge my facial hair, when I don't feel like looking like a "Wolf" anymore.

Describe your styling regimen over the course of the month.
W:
My first step is washing my hair with Tresemme Shampoo if I've worked out excessively. Second, Tresemme Conditioner is applied to my hair while I brush through it with a vent brush. Once I'm finished with that I band my hair up, and while it is still very wet I finger through my hair with Cococare Coconut Oil quickly to maintain moisture because my hair does this puffy thing really fast when it's getting dry. After I get it in a bun I brush around the bun for a nice, clean look. This actually is a really good way for your ends to stay moist instead of crispy when out too much.

What does wash day look like for you?
W:
Wash day in my book is every day or every other day. My hair does not do to well when it's not washed often. It'll gradually get extremely itchy. Though some people say washing your hair every day makes it dry, which for some people is true, but that's why I have moisturizing products like Cococare Coconut Oil to help me.

What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
W:
Personally just my ends. You can cut your ends, but your ends naturally shed. You can also restore them to an extent. It may not be perfect, but you can.

What are 2 do's for your texture?
W:
The first one I must do is conditioning my hair to detangle these knots and tight curls I have. Second, I must always hydrate my hair and feed it with coconut oil.

What are 2 don'ts for your texture?
W:
Don't expose to heat from flat irons, second is don't use products that don't have the main ingredient listed first. For example, if you bought a coconut hair product and the actual coconut ingredient isn't close to the top on the back of the bottle. The reason why it's critical is because your hair may not get the full benefits from the product.

Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
W:
Social Media:
https://www.facebook.com/wolfgang.lisborg
http://instagram.com/westilllive
http://wlisbor8.wix.com/westilllive

Hair Features:
http://www.notperfectnatural.com/#!wolfgang/c15aj
http://naturalhairbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/10/meet-wolfgang-lisborg.html
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/kinky-hair-type-4a/wolfgangs-curly-hair-journey

Share Button

No comments:

Post a Comment