Saturday 3 May 2014

Black hair natural styles | Linea // 4A Natural Hair Style Icon | Black Girl with Long Hair | Blog Black Hairstyles

Black hair natural styles | Linea // 4A <b>Natural Hair Style</b> Icon | <b>Black</b> Girl with Long <b>Hair</b> | Blog Black Hairstyles


Linea // 4A <b>Natural Hair Style</b> Icon | <b>Black</b> Girl with Long <b>Hair</b>

Posted: 03 May 2014 06:59 AM PDT

Share Button

eyeemfiltered1398874941619

Introduce yourself!
L:
Linea Johnson, I'm a first generation American. I'm of South American and British Descent. I currently reside in North Carolina but I was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York.

Why did you make the decision to go natural?
L:
I've been natural all of my life. My mother dreaded my hair at the age of three. This is my third set of dreads.

How would you describe your texture?
L:
My hair texture is considered 4a. I have very thick hair and my dreads allow my hair to be more manageable.

What method was used to start your locs?
L:
I started my hair in two strand twists and left them in so my hair could lock. I'm unsure of how many I have.

IMG_1753

How do you style your locs?
L:
I use Cantu Shea Butter products to style my hair. I normally re-twist about once a month and I wash every few weeks. When I have the time, I curl it or I braid it to make my hair wavy and to add body. Curling can be very time consuming, so I normally just re-twist, wash, and braid. When I'm in a time crunch I usually just put a hair tie in my dreads and tie them back.

What does wash day look like for you?
L:
Depending on how I'm feeling, I either use Pantene Shampoo for Women of Color or Creme of Nature Shampoo for a wash. I also use Pantene Conditioner for Women of Color. It works wonders on my hair.

Tell us about your hair color?
L:
My hair is naturally black with brown highlights. I got it professionally highlighted at a hair salon.

What are some of your problem areas (if any) that require special care and attention?
L:
I've been blessed to have a pretty easygoing hair experience overall, however sometimes it can be hard to moisturize the scalp when you have dreads.

What are 2 do's for your locs?
L:
Always make sure your hair is moisturized. This is a definite MUST. Also, allow your hair to just breathe. Meaning try not to braid it too frequently, as it will weaken your locs.

What are 2 don'ts for your locs?
L:
Don't re-twist your hair too often!!! It will also weaken your hair. And if you're going to dye it, make sure to only do it annually. You don't want to have a surplus of chemicals in your hair. This will surely weaken it as well.

Is there a blog/webpage where we can find you?
L:
Tumblr: locsofpoetry.tumblr.com / IG: Itsme_dreadhead

Share Button

Meosha

Meosha

Just another lover of natural hair and expression. - Style Icon Coordinator for BGLH

CBC Reps Discuss Meeting With Paul Ryan and Army <b>Natural Hair</b> <b>...</b>

Posted: 01 May 2014 01:18 PM PDT

_h0_w295_m6_otrue_lfalse

Congresswomen Sheila Jackson Lee and Gwen Moore are two of 17 women in the Congressional Black Caucus. When news broke recently that the Pentagon was tightening restrictions on hairstyles for female soldiers, most pertaining to natural styles worn commonly by black women, the representatives stepped up and have asked military officials to rethink their new standards.

"I've had a natural or braids for a good part of my life and I see nothing wrong with any of the styles mentioned," said Jackson Lee.

The new regulations are now under review but both women agree that a review isn't enough. They want an end to the policing of black women's hair. Listen to their full conversation with Roland Martin below and how they say the CBC's meeting with Paul Ryan went.

Be sure to listen to "NewsOne Now" with Roland Martin, weekdays at 7 a.m. EST and watch at 9 a.m. EST on TV One.

No comments:

Post a Comment